An introduction to the Sam360 Agent, including system requirements, is available here.
To deploy the Sam360 Inventory and Metering agent to domain based Windows computers using Group Policy, follow these steps:
- Download the latest Inventory and Metering agent installation package from here.
- Copy the package to a shared folder on the network. The file should be readable by all authenticated domain users.
- Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in. To do this, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, right-click your domain, and then click Properties.
- Click the Group Policy tab, select the policy that you want, and then click Edit.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Software Settings.
- Right-click Software installation, point to New, and then click Package.
- In the Open dialog box, type the full Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path of the Sam360 agent installer package. For example, \\file server\share\Sam360AcmeCo.msi. Important: Do not use the Browse button to access the location. Make sure that you use the UNC path of the shared installer package.
- Click Open.
- Click Assigned, and then click OK. The package is listed in the right-pane of the Group Policy window.
- Close the Group Policy snap-in, click OK, and then close the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
- When the client computer starts, the managed software package is automatically installed.