Sam360 is a cloud based service. In order to function correctly, the Sam360 Agent and Management Point need to communicate with the Sam360 servers over https (port 443.) To minimise manual configuration, the Agent and Management Point will attempt to automatically discover proxy settings if they can not communicate directly with the Sam360 servers.
The Agent and Management Point attempt to connect to the Sam360 servers in the following ways
- Through the proxy configured in the Sam360 registry hive
- Through the user’s default proxy (as set in Internet Explorer/Edge)
- Through the default network proxy (Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol)
To manually configure a proxy in the registry (as mentioned in step 2 above) add the following keys to the Windows registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sam360\Discovery\ProxyPort [32 bit DWORD]
There is a sample .reg file available here.
If the Agent and/or Management Point are having difficulty connecting to the Sam360 servers, one of the following steps might be required.
- Configure the network/internet gateway to permit outbound connections to the Sam360 servers on port 443
- Add a rule to the internet proxy to allow users to access http://*.sam360.com (and possibly http://*.*.sam360.com)